Monday, March 5, 2007

Single in the City

Single, professional, hot, women. That's the hip thing to be in the LA, until of course the word "older" gets thrown into that sentence.

The other day, Bella and I were snowboarding, and we met a man. Jason, he's 28, from Redlands (I have no idea where that actually is, all I know is that it's NOT in Los Angeles county), a snowboarding instructor, and he's super nice. Ironically, this is the first person we have ever met on the mountain. We're riding the lift up with our new found friend and he says, "you girls must be the "typical" LA girls, single, professional, "OLDER" women." First and foremost, let's start by saying WE'RE NOT OLDER. We're young, single, professional women.

But on to the point: Jason, ends by saying "it's really sad, that you guys are living the "professional" life.

What makes my life sad?

Is my life sad, just because I don't have a boyfriend and/or family?

I don't think so. These are my freedom years.

My fluff's* are my LA family. As a matter of fact, I don't trust any man other than my father. So why should I set myself up for disappointment, because someone from Redlands said my life is sad. But, now I'm extremely obsessed with the thought of having a "sad" life. I thought that I have a fabulous life here in the city, where anything that I want or need will always be at my finger tips. And there is all sorts of outdoorsy stuff to do, snowboarding, mountain biking, soccer games, and a daily spanish lesson.

And for the record, I'M NOT OLD!



*This title is credited to someone else, but due to the fact that this blog is completely annonomous, and completely fictional. No real names are ever supplied.

No comments: