Thursday, February 22, 2007

Poker Face

I'm a good southern girl, with good southern morals. So when I up and moved to Los Angeles, as only you can imagine, the dating learning curve has been quite steep for a "good" girl such as myself. No one explained to me the horrific truths about courting in this sesspool of beautiful, undernurished, walking imbeciles. But of course, I, being the trail blazer that I am, have put on my poker face, headed into the big city, and managed figure out a way to make it a bit easier for you men out there...

Here are some good old fashioned lessons that I believe all of the devils living in the city of Angels should know:

1) Fellows, being intimidated by us is absolutely NOT an excuse not after 30. If you don't know, it's ok to ask.
2) Rumor has it, that you guys don't like being chased. Well, news flash, women, don't like chasing men. So don't make us. If you like us, call us. If you don't call us, make it clear that you just want to be friends.
3) Even if we are smoking hot, and perhaps in reality the most beautiful woman you have ever seen, we still want to hear you say it.
4) Love is something that a lot of women don't believe in anymore. It is most definitely because of you guys. Restore our faith.
5) We like flowers, but we love waking up in your arms.
6) And if you're going to call us the next day, make sure it's because you want to, not because you feel like you have to!

No comments: