Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Mixed Signals (Part 3) - Am I the Problem?

Dating. It's one of those things, some women are born to do, and, well, the rest of us, just fuck everything up. If you haven't already realized, I'm the type that wasn't born for this. I don't have the nurturing instincts required to keep a man around. I do, however, love sports and am up for doing just about anything outside. And during football season, in my house it's on all day. My favorite summer activity involves, baseball, hot dogs and beer. You'd think that I am a man's "dream girl" but when it all comes down to it, I'm just one of the boys, who happens to have a great rack. Is this a pro or a con though?

Well the reality of it, is that I love who I am. So I'm not going to change, but it does suck when I meet the man of my dreams and manage to muster up the courage to tell him that I'm crazy about him. Then there's dead silence. The moment becomes awkward. Someone must say something. I don't know what to say.

"You know you're my best friend, why would we go and mess that up?"

I want to do is yell, I like being fucked too. I want to make love with someone for hours then wake up in someones arms. But unfortunately, the response I get from that usually begins with 1am text messages from lover boy.

What is wrong with me? Why can't I land a good man who wants to stick around?

Should I become less sporty and more girly. Ew. Not me. I don't do girly.

Perhaps, a loveless future is ahead of me, but at least I know I will die alone knowing I didn't change myself for anyone. Not even this city. The city of devils. Well at least we know it's full of devils.

No comments: